How much does website development cost in Dubai?
Finding the right cost to build a website can be quite daunting and confusing if you are unclear about what your website is supposed to do. The cost of building a website is very subjective and it depends on several factors - site type, functionalities, size, design, CMS, etc. Website design companies in Dubai or the UAE can charge anywhere between AED 5,000 to AED 150,000 depending on whether it is a microsite website design or has advanced, multi-page, tech-savvy functionalities.
Let’s drill down further to understand how websites are created and how much they would cost. Firstly, before even commissioning a website, one must understand what the website is supposed to do.
Any website would come under one of the following objectives:
- To have an online presence for the company/ store so that people can discover it and lead them to offline locations.
- To actively seek customers and build leads
- To sell products/ services online
- To build a marketplace for multiple vendors to be discovered
- To build a marketplace for multiple vendors to sell
The complexity involved in building the website increases the number of hours for development, which ultimately determines the cost.
However, irrespective of the complexity and functionality, every website must have the following considerations:
- Is the content strong enough for Search Engine Optimization to drive website traffic?
- Is the Content Management System (CMS) easy to use? (Joomla and Sitecore are popular choices)
- Does the website have a strong foundation for quick loading and flexible designs? (WordPress, HTML5, CSS3 are most popular choices)
- Is the website mobile responsive or adaptive?
Content and design
Many people make the mistake of focusing on design while overlooking content. While an eye-catching design is important to hold the interest of the user, the written content is important for the website to be discovered. The search engine recognizes text for ranking a website among other things like back linking. Hence content cannot be an afterthought.
Content Management System
Content of websites must be constantly refreshed. Especially, if it is an e-commerce website where new products and prices must be updated. Content like blogs also keeps your website alive for search engines to constantly recognize it. For such content, you do not have to go back to the web developers every time. With CMS like Joomla and Sitecore, we can build custom functionalities where you can easily update the website content yourself. The annual maintenance cost of the website is determined by the amount of work you want to outsource.
While website hosting does not fall under the website development cost, it is an important factor to consider.
So, what’s the cost of building a website in Dubai?
• A basic website, with 1 to 5 pages, that’s a shopfront can cost anywhere between AED 5,500 to AED 15,000
• A mid-sized website of 5 to 10 pages, with limited complexity, can cost anywhere between AED 15,000 to AED 60,000
• A larger website with complex functionalities can cost anywhere between AED 60,000 to AED 150,000
If you are looking for a custom-built website and are confused about where to start, we can help you. Reach out to Resolve Technologies for a free consultation on website design.